You know we’re all about the health, the wellbeing and just straight to the point good food. Healthy doesn’t mean complicated and fancy – often it’s quite the opposite! So having been to our local greengrocers to get his fresh raspberries 2 punnets for £1, there had to be a cake somewhere down the line using these gorgeously soft beauties…I came up with this idea: a wholegrain coconut raspberry cake. What you think?
On goodnessgreen we love using the humble coconut. There are so many reasons why – follow the tag as shows our variations of this amazing fruit (well drupe technically) so far…
Wholegrain Coconut Raspberry Cake
2 cups wholewheat spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or replace with sugar of choice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup coconut milk
1 egg replacer (chia, flax or NRG egg replacer powder)
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup dairy free yoghurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup raspberries + extra coconut + raspberries for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 175 ºC + grease an 8″ cake tin.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the remianing ingredients except raspberries to seperate bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Combine the 2 mixtures to form a cake batter. Fold through the 1 cup of raspberries + transfer to the greased cake pan.
- Top with a sprinkle of raspberries + extra coconut.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Wholegrain Coconut Raspberry Cake adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Raspberry Vanilla Coffee Cake.