As part of Eden’s weaning, I’ve been on the look out for some decent wholesome finger food. It’s not that easy to find clean, healthy food full stop, let alone actually ‘healthy’ baby food for Eden. I also wanted a simple, quick recipe which can be made with minimal ingredients. This is it. Her own apple cake.
Your first apple cake is kind of a big deal……….
She liked it…….it’s a keeper…especially as this is a good bowl-licking recipe 🙂
Eden’s apple cake
2 cups spelt flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cups apple puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175ºC + lightly oil an 8″ cake pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda + cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl throughly mix the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the two separate mixtures to form a smooth cake batter.
- Transfer to the greased cake tin + bake for 45 minutes. Sorted.